| Wednesday, August 18, 2010
| Thank you Pa, For...
|- the innumerous rides on the red front seat of your cycle and the soothing balm you'd apply when I caught my heel in the wheel, everytime i sat on the carrier behind.
- the mango-shaped booklet we cut out from charts, shaded and sewed together for my Maths project. Nair ma'am gave me an A+ for the project.
- the chocolates and trinkets you bought me, everytime we went out together to shop for vegetables.
- my first pink salwar-kurta that you insisted will look nice on me.
- the tiny two-rupee fountain pens that I still own.
- forgiving me when I hid the report cards at school for fear of getting jawed.
- letting me burst as many diwali crackers as bhai got and for not labeling me a small girl.
- buying us Milton water bottles from the canteen cz they kept the water cool during hot summer months.
- my first mobile phone - a motorola TalkAbout
- allowing me to go to the Hockey Camp even though you spent sleepless nights worrying about my health.
- getting me savvy with household mechanics and circuitry.
- the bread pakodas you bought from office that smelt of true toil and aviation fuel.
- the biryani and kurma you dished out every once in a while.
- patiently preparing colorful food to be fed to a fussy 14-yr-old in me.
- making that special trip, while in Bangalore, to get my NLS prospectus and sample papers for the entrance test.
- introducing me to my first pair of contact lenses. You thought they made me look prettier.
- not being angry when I tried to explain why I didn't want to be an airhostess or a newsreader or an MBA grad.
- the wallet you gifted me because you knew that I carried a Men's wallet in my pocket.
- the greeting cards that you always included with the birthday gifts.
- letting me move out of home and live my dream.
- the plant gifts you gave in approval of the house I found for myself in Hyd.
- being my dad.
- being YOU.
|posted by Shivranjini Krishnamurthy @ 8/18/2010 03:44:00 PM